The Wildlife Conservation Society is looking for full-time / part-time interns in our China headquarters in Beijing and in our field offices in Guangzhou, Lhasa (Tibet) and Hunchun (Jilin).
You will have the opportunity to work in close contact with our project teams and contribute to wildlife conservation programs with diversified and exciting activities that may include close contact with nature, wildlife and the people.
Should your application be successful, our project teams will be open to discuss with you about your needs and expectations in order to develop tailored terms of reference based on your qualifications and availability.
Currently, we are especially interested in the following types of internship:
- Contribute to the design of creative and effective campaigns targeted towards the Chinese public.
- Assist the execution of social media activities to enhance public awareness of wildlife protection challenges.
- Draft feature stories and feed new content to WCS website and online platforms.
- Maintain a daily interaction with Chinese Internet users.
- Assist in the organization of events such as workshops and press conferences.
- Translate website articles, presentations and internal documents.
- Support the team in its daily operations.
- Conduct literature review of national and international papers.
- Support the team in collecting data about wildlife distribution and other indicators.
- Undertake data processing and analysis (GIS skills are an advantage).
- Deliver fact-sheets and executive summaries.
- Translate website articles, presentations, internal documents and research papers.
- Support the team with other research activities in its daily operations.
- Enrolled university student or graduated within the past 6 months.
- Ability to communicate in both Chinese and English (excellent language skills are an advantage).
- Committed to the mission and values of WCS.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
Internships are not subject to financial compensation. We understand this is a major limitation and we are open to discuss with shortlisted candidates about any alternative ways in which we can facilitate your participation.
How to apply
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the subject the internship type and location of your interest and including:
- a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you are interested in WCS and what you are expecting from this experience;
- the time frame of your availability (earliest date, expected length, part-time/full-time)
- your updated CV.
As we are processing applications on a rolling basis there is no deadline for submitting your application. As your application moves forward in the selection process we will try our best to update you on its status, however we apologize in advance if we are unable to respond to applicants who are not shortlisted. Depending on your qualifications you may be required to undergo a short language test.
All information is collected for recruitment purpose only and will be kept in our database for 6 months.